Stem Cell Workshop
Course on "Human pluripotent stem cell culture (iPSC/ESC) and neural differentiation"
The hands-on course on “Human pluripotent stem cell culture (iPSC/ESC) and neural differentiation” is a joint activity of the Austrian Neuroscience Association (ANA) and IMBA. ANA Meetings are meant to provide a platform for information exchange primarily within the Austrian Neuroscience Community. We do, however, welcome international participants, in particular for the Hands-on course on Human Stem Cells (iPSC/ESC).
The workshop will take place on September 26-27, 2017 at the IMBA, Dr. Bohr-Gasse 3, 1030 Vienna, Austria.
Course registration via the ANA website. Fees apply.
Tuesday, Sept 26
- 14.00-14.45: arrival, welcome address by hosts, students introduce themselves
- 14.45-15.30: keynote lecture I: Ludwig Aigner, Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg, Austria, Title: tba
- 15.30-16.30: introduction to workshop - technical instructions
- 16.30-17.00: coffee and sandwich break
- 17.00-19.00: hands-on part in the lab
- 19.00-21.00: food & drinks
Wednesday, Sept 27
- 09.30-10.15 keynote lecture II: Julia Ladewig, University of Bonn Medical School, Germany, Title: In vitro cell culture models to decipher brain development and disease
- 10.15-10.30 coffee and sandwich break
- 10.30-12.30 second part hands-on in lab
- 12.30-14.30 lunch and poster session, IMBA Atrium “The Bridge”
- 14.30-15.15 keynote lecture III: Agnete Kirkeby, Lund University, Sweden, Title: Modelling human neural tube patterning with microfluidic gradients
- 15.15-16.00 student round table
- end and departure