EMBO Young Investigator Programme (YIP)
Deadline: 1 April, Interviews: October
Funding: EUR 15.000,00 p.a. for three years
The EMBO Young Investigator Programme (YIP) offers a number of unique benefits help the young group leaders establish a reputation as excellent scientists. In addition to an annual financial award of 15,000 euros for three years selected participants receive extensive support for networking interactions and other career development opportunities:
- Networking funds
- Annual young investigator meeting and more specialized sectoral meetings
- Lecture grants and financial support for organizing meetings
- Mentoring by EMBO Members
- Laboratory management courses
- Privileged access to EMBL core facilities
- Meeting grants and courses for lab members
- For more details, see the benefits tab
Eligibility criteria: Applicants should:
- Lead their first independent laboratory for at least one and not more than four years in an EMBC Member State. For female candidates with children the four year time limit is extended by one year per child.
- At least two years of post PhD scientific experience and an excellent track record.
- Work in the very broadly defined area of molecular biology.
- Have obtained sufficient funding to run their laboratories. The applicant and his/her home institution must demonstrate that the former enjoys true scientific and financial independence.
- Have published at least one last author paper after establishing an independent laboratory.
Deputy Director Programme Manager
Tel: +49 6221 8891 112
Rachel Couthard Administrator
Tel: + 49 6221 8891 110