NSERC – PostDoc Fellowships for Canadian citizens
>> NSERC Natural Sciences and Engineering Researches Council of Canada - Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Deadlines: annually on 15 October
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) Program provides support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers for up to 24 months.
To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; and
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- You must expect to complete all your doctoral requirements by January 1 of the year following the award announcement; or
- You must have completed all requirements of your first doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply.
- You can apply only twice for a Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- You may submit only one application per year to either NSERC or CIHR or SSHRC
You can hold your Postdoctoral Fellowship at:
- Canadian universities;
- provincial research institutions in Canada;
- other appropriate research laboratories in Canada; and
- universities and research centres abroad.