EMBO long-term fellowships
(European Molecular Biology Organisation)
>> EMBO Fellowships
>> EMBO Long-Term Fellowships
Deadlines: twice a year 15 August and 15 February.
The EMBO fellowships support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process.
All fellowships must involve movement between countries and of those countries must be a EMBC Member State.
It is possible to apply when the applicant has already started at the receiving institute. But note that the maximum period spent at the receiving institute must not exceed 7 months at the relevant closing date for application!
Usually, the fellowship must be started within one calendar year from the relevant closing date for applicants.
In case the EMBO fellowship is awarded and a Marie Curie fellowship as well, both fellowships can be combined and the start of the EMBO fellowship may be postponed. However, the maximum funding period of both fellowships must not exceed 36 months.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent before the start of the fellowship but not necessarily when applying.
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication in press or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- Candidates can only submit applications for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
- Applications are only considered from candidates with a maximum of two years postdoctoral experience. Exceptions are made for applicants with career breaks due to military service or childcare.
- Candidates who have had a career break for at least one year for child-care reasons will be given special consideration when applying to stay within the same country.
- All applications must involve movement between countries. The laboratory of origin or the receiving institute or the applicant’s nationality must be from one of the EMBC Member States.
Applications and supporting documentation are only accepted via the online application system.